Posted by: Jazzed uponit on June 27th, 2012The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of the Utah Jazz.
With the big swinging star studded large market teams changing the way the NBA wins and making it apparent that a “superstar” (or maybe just David Stern) in this league is what gets you to the finals and a championship; Houston has decided to grab the bull by the horns. They are making a huge play to horde draft picks and get superstar caliber any way possible before the draft and free agency trading their previous hopefuls in Buddinger and Kyle Lowery.
Is Houston just acting desperate or are they genius? Is taking advantage of this years talent crop and breaking up a mediocre talent laden team to find top tier talent the wrong move?
as Locke mentions in numerous pod casts this year their is rarely a top tier talent below the 5th pick of each draft and maybe one superstar or all pro player out of the whole thing. Statistically who are the jazz best talent. The list is short: Derrick Favors #3 , Enes Kanter #3, Devin Harris #5 Everyone else should be expendable with that theory.
My opinion is Houston is right. unless we use our assets to make a bigger jump for talent we are not going to see the NBA finals this decade.
with lockout season holdouts does this draft have double the talent? Is there 2 allpro superstars?
So just for fun whats your Houston moves before and during draft day tomorrow?
My theory is that there actually is 2 superstars this year. We all know the first. Im going with Beal as the second star.
1. Millsap to Portland for #11
2. Jefferson and #11 to Toronto for #8 and James Johnson (mostly a move to lower our cap space)
3. Burkes and #8 back to portland for #6 , Wes Mathews, and agreement to not draft Lilliard (who they want at #6 and who should still be around at #8 if we didnt draft him)
4. Hayward to NOLA for #10
5. #6, Harris, Jazz 2013 1st rnd pick to Wizzards for #3
6. If Celtics agree, then Wes Mathews for the celtics #21 and #22 picks.
7. #10, # 21, #22 to Bobcats for the #2 and Tyrus Thomas contract (what the bobcats want to get rid of for the deal to work).
8. Use the GSW 1st rnd pick to lube the deal if Wizzards #3 or Bobcats #2 isnt enough.
9. I think Favors is going to to be a superstar, Kanter at least an allstar. So IMO we would be better with MKG and Beal. But if we wanted to get the sure thing and If our GSW pick is not used . Offer NOLA #2, #3,and Gsw 1st round pick for #1 Davis.
IMO this would give the Jazz a for sure Big 3 superstars out of Favors, Beal, MKG, and Kanter. Could opt to keep wes Mathews and #10 pick instead of getting MKG. Using the #10 for what ever gap needs filled.
I would grab Kendall Marshell at #10 and Machado at #47.
CAP SPACE = +22 mil
*Let Bell and Earl Walk and eat the difference.
FREE AGENCY= about 15 mil left sign three point shooter role players with whats left with short contracts
Ryan Anderson (just withdrew from USA select team to not risk injury for FA market)
PG Marshell/ Machado/Beal
SG Beal/Mathews/ Fields
SF MKG/ Novak/Fields
PF Favors/ Anderson/ Evans
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.