Posted by: David J. Smith on January 20th, 2013The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of the Utah Jazz.
It has been a little while, so without further ado, here are a few Utah Jazz thoughts for a Sunday morning:
- Here is my Deseret News article for the easy win over the Cavaliers last night. And also, Instant Analysis for the exciting win over the Miami Heat earlier in the week.
- Speaking of the big Heat victory, LeBron James was his usual amazing self, but down the stretch, Gordon Hayward was the best player on the court. Here are some highlights.
- There are so many reasons I love our Utah Jazz. Friday, Gordon Hayward and Mo Williams were out and about signing autographs for fans at some public appearances. But beyond that, DeMarre Carroll used part of the extended break in between games to take in a local Utah high school game. That is why the Jazz are special.
- The articles focusing on trades are on the rise. You have to love this time of the year. The next month should be intriguing across the NBA, with names like Rudy Gay, Pau Gasol, Josh Smith, Kyle Lowry, Jose Calderon, Rajon Rondo, Paul Pierce, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Jennings, Monta Ellis, Kevin Love, Kris Humphries, J.J. Redick, DeMarcus Cousins,DeJuan Blair, and Emeka Okafor, among many, many others being mentioned.
- As for the Jazz, it honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see them make a move involving one of their bigs. It also wouldn’t shock me if they stayed the course, or perhaps made just a minor transaction. There are articles where the Jazz are said to be moving Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap and others that say they don’t see either of them being shipped out. Much more on this later.
- Randy Foye and Hayward have been dynamite from the perimeter recently. It makes such a crucial difference.
- The Jazz have faced a slew of former Jazz players lately: Devin Harris, C.J. Miles, Andrei Kirilenko, and Kyle Korver. Fun to go against familiar faces, especially when on the winning side of things.
- Nice to see Paul Millsap having a nice January.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @davidjsmith1232.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.