Posted by: Fan on April 3rd, 2011The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of the Utah Jazz.
The picture on the front of the Salt Lake Tribune today (4/2/2011) of Paul Milsap made me cry and it looks he is about ready to cry also. On top of that when I checked on NBA.com minutes after the Jazz loss to the Lakers there was a little zero next to the Jazz which means, of course, they are eliminated from playoff contention. I knew that, but it is one thing to realize that happened, it is a another to see it in print. http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html
Until the end of their season I will be watching every Jazz game and will never stop rooting for them to win because above all, losing sucks. But what do I do once the regular season ends and I can’t watch Jazz basketball. I can’t sit around and feel sorry for myself and my favorite team til the season starts again (whenever that is), or can I?
I came up with the following choices and would love to hear your choice be it one of these or your own unique choice.
1. Stop watching NBA basketball all together and concentrate on Major League Baseball.
2. Work in my yard and clean up my house (I don’t think so)
3. Sort of kind of keep track of the playoffs, but really not cheer for any team.
4. Watch the playoffs and try to figure what players would be a good fit for that Jazz and are free agents.
5. Watch RSL and try to figure out once again exactly how soccer works
5. Spend every waking hour reading lists of who will be drafted by what team and in what order.
6. Cheer for any team that the Lakers are playing.
or my choice:
7. Follow the NBA playoffs pretty closely not only because I love NBA Basketball but also because I do have favorite teams, coaches and players other than current Jazz players and coaches.
So if the playoffs started today, my choices of winners of the first round would be ( I do realize there is some movement possible before the end of the season, especially in the bottom part of the Western Conference ):
San Antonio vs New Orleans (San Antonio)
Lakers vs Memphis (Memphis)
Dallas vs Portland (Portland)
Oklahoma City vs Denver (OKC)
Chicago vs Indiana (Chicago)
Miami vs New York (completely awful choice but I guess New York)
Boston vs Philadephia (Boston]
Orlando vs Altanta (Atlanta)
with Chicago vs San Antonio in the finals
This is not to say I think the play-offs will go this way, just how I will be cheering. To me, games are usually more fun if you decide which team to root for.
So who do you have in the playoffs or are you like most Jazz fans and your mantra is ”Anybody but the Lakers”?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.