Posted by: Diana-Allen on May 5th, 2010The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of the Utah Jazz.
There are many things that make me hate the Lakers. Many things that make me think that the Jazz get no respect from the national media. In one night and one night only I found five things that reiterated this to me.
1. While the Phoenix Suns were demolishing the SA Spurs, Kevin Harlan calling the game said, “Jarron Collins with the offensive rebound. Jarron Collins the long time starter for the Utah Jazz.” Well I must say at least Harlan knew that Collins played for the Jazz but my question who was he starting over, Boozer or Memo? Just one of those little things that show me that no one in the media outside of Utah cares or thinks about the Jazz.
2. While watching the NBA on TNT there was a commercial by the NBA that annoyed me too. The commercial was one of those commercials to get people excited about the playoffs and a movie. They were mixing scenes from NBA games and the Karate Kid. It started out with a shot of Kobe, then Lebron followed by the Lakers continuing on to have every team that is remaining in the playoffs except you guess it, the Utah Jazz. No quick shot of Booz yelling or Williams crossover… nothing! Even the Hawks were represented but of course not the Jazz.
3. On nba.com they had an article titled something like the Zen Master and his Complete Opposite (referring to Sloan). I thought why couldn’t they title it having Jerry being the focus instead of Phil Jackson.
4. Ronnie Brewer is listed on the Utah Jazz vs LA Lakers Series page on ESPN.com as the Jazz leader in steals. -Don’t you think he’d like to know he’s still playing for the Jazz?
5. The best thing yet I saw yesterday, it was actually published Sunday night was an article on espn.com, they’ve changed it since but you still get the incorrect version on your phone. It is by ESPN’s Dave McMenamin it said:
“Also C.J. Watson has replaced Korver in the starting lineup at small forward and undrafted rookie Gary Matthews, who starts at shooting guard, is playing with a chip on his shoulder after being snubbed by the NBA’s all-rookie first and second teams that were announced last week.”
So how do you think Matthews is going to feel by not only being snubbed on the all-rookie teams but being called Gary instead of Wesley. How do you think CJ Miles is going to feel when he finds out he was traded to GS for CJ Watson? And how is Korver going to feel when he finds out he was supposed to be starting all year and didn’t know?
The Jazz get no respect. It is us against the world. Lets go Jazz!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.