i agree with huston with them being good with yao playing this year clogging up the lane and who dares shoot while he’s gaurding them? kevin martin a good player and scola i think will do great maybe not 5 kick them down to 9 or 10
Future Power Ranking
I’m a little bit shocked that Houston is as high as they are. Seems like the rankings are giving them too much props for their over-achieving 2009-10 season.
Wow, the top 10 features 4/5 of the Northwest Division. And Houston? I’ll be surprised if they even make the playoffs
More on Houston being #5 (from ESPN):
“Houston has a lot of assets thanks to a trade-deadline fleecing of the Knicks that could give the team high draft picks in 2011 and 2012. But the Rockets rank in the top five in our rankings because the cast already on hand looks strong.
Yao Ming’s health is obviously a concern, but Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Kyle Lowry, Trevor Ariza, Shane Battier, Chase Budinger, Luis Scola, Jordan Hill and Patrick Patterson give Houston a nice foundation. If Yao comes back reasonably healthy (the odds of which we disagreed about), the Rockets could be very good indeed.
Additionally, the Rockets rate fairly well in the money category despite being well into the luxury tax. Most of the contracts on the books are short, and ownership has shown a willingness to spend money, both with contracts and when paying for draft picks. Houston has shown strong management, as well, mixing GM Daryl Morey’s analytics focus with solid scouting, as evidenced by a string of successful drafts.”
Here are #1-5 w/out the write ups…
1. Miami Heat | Future Power Rating: 707
2. Los Angeles Lakers | Future Power Rating: 697
3. Oklahoma City Thunder | Future Power Rating: 679
4. Chicago Bulls | Future Power Rating: 606
5. Houston Rockets | Future Power Rating: 605*** (really?!!??)
6. Portland Trail Blazers | Future Power Rating: 593
7. Orlando Magic | Future Power Rating: 591
8. Utah Jazz | Future Power Rating: 578
9. Denver Nuggets | Future Power Rating: 567
10. San Antonio Spurs | Future Power Rating: 555
Blazers really? Can we see the top 10?
Jazz at #8 / Blazers at #6.
can someone post the future power rankings? i am curious where they put the jazz. thanks!