Posted by: Joey Parker on February 18th, 2011The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of the Utah Jazz.
Jerry retired. Game vs. Suns the next day. Another game vs. Suns 4 days later. Game vs. Warriors the next night.
The past 9 days have been packed with news, drama, innuendo, “the blame-game”, 3 full games, and a boat-load of injuries for the Utah Jazz. Now that we have hit the All-Star Break, fans and the Jazz organization can finally have a chance to breathe and think and plan. The following is a To-Do list for all parties involved with the Jazz. Let’s take this 6-day break to try and check some items off of this list:
All-Star Break To-Do List
- Go to Smith’s, find the pharmaceuticals section, then look for a product called “Chill Pills.” Take one pill each day, preferably with a meal.
- Work the phones. Our team is going nowhere as currently constituted. We need a different balance of talent. Find a team that would like a nice expiring contract, and who has the number 47 available. If you could get us OJ Mayo or Andre Iguodala, that would fantastic!
- Talk to some D-League scouts. We have played the last 3 games with NINE PLAYERS!!! Even if our roster WAS full, RONNIE PRICE IS OUR BACKUP SG!!! WE need bodies! Shooting Guards are very easy to find. So find one!
Memo Okur, Raja Bell, Ronnie Price, Andrei Kirilenko
- Get better! Like I said before, the Jazz need bodies. If we had more than 9 players available, Ty Corbin would have his first coaching win by now!
- Take it easy in the All-Star Game. Don’t even THINK about trying one of your monster dunks in the game! Go out there, play a few minutes, and then rest that wrist.
- Get your head right! I have faith that Deron will shake off his injury and his rust. Here is what he said on Facebook yesterday:
“The 2011 All-Star Break is here. For those of you wondering what my plans are…here is a quick breakdown. Arrive in LA tomorrow. We have meetings, NBA Cares Day of Service, Media Session, NBA Reception, Nike Appearance. Saturday is practice, Nike Appearance again and All-Star Saturday Night. Sunday is the game. Not sure when I will rest, but I assure you Utah, I will be ready for the 2nd half of the year.“
Tyrone Corbin, Scott Layden, Jeff Hornacek
- Watch tape, draw up plays, and then hit the showers….or whatever coaches do. This break will give you all time to think about possible lineup changes, strategy changes, and minutes distribution.
- Hire a 3rd assistant coach. May I suggest a big guy. Our two ex-player coaches are both swing-men. I think we need a big man coach to help out Al, Paul, and Fes. Antoine Carr? Adam Keefe? Mark Eaton?
The rest of the Jazz players
- Have fun on the beach! Don’t think about basketball. Just relax and come back ready to make a playoff push.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.