Posted by: Dallan Forsyth on October 12th, 2012The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of the Utah Jazz.
1) Foye makes bad decisions with the ball. He does not see the floor. He had Kanter on 2-3 pick and pops and did not pass it to him. He got in the lane a couple times and had no idea what to do. He is a good spot up shooter as Amar said to me during the game. But I do not think it is good for him to get to many minutes. Kanter could have had an even more impressive stat line.
2) Favors I am sure is going to be a hot topic. He did not have a good offensive game. But did he get the ball? From what I saw he only got the ball once where he could do something with it effectively and he got fouled and made a free throw. He got hacked a couple times with no calls. He still had no respect from the refs. But it does not help to have Palmer she is a joke. He did effectively handle defensive assignments and had some good blocks and one called back which was not a foul.
3) Hayward struggled 1st half but was on in the 2nd half. He does so much on the floor you can still root for him all game even if he does not have it offensively. That is a good player if he can affect the game positive but shoot poorly. He was aggresive all game though. H got to the foul line and we were in the bonus a ton because our players were aggresive
4) Al stepped out on P&R!! I was pleasantly surprised to see this. It was better but let’s see him continue to do it. Still missed some things on the defensive end but it was better. Lets hope it is consistent though. He has good games lets see it for a season
5) Our offense looked good, much better then throw it in the post to Al. I loved watching it was exciting again
6) Kanter is a beast. I think he has solidified himself to take minutes. I think Favors needs to really step it up or maybe he will be the one with less minutes.
7) I still think Favors should start still our defense is just better with him in there. Plus the 2nd unit needs something. I think Millsap is that person. Someone to keep the defenses honest. I would love Al to be on the bench but that is not going to happen. I think Favors could be better offensively with Millsap but I am not sure. We are not seeing a ton of confidence from him..
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.