Posted by: KCJones on October 23rd, 2012The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of the Utah Jazz.
We got whooped. The final score, 120-114, doesn’t really tell the story of this game. Here are my thoughts, in easy-to-read list form:
- We looked good. At least up until we scored point #12. Then, not so good.
- Damian Lillard is a baller. Notice how our biggest weakness from last year–good starting PGs who run the pick and roll and are a three-point threat–reared its ugly head again tonight.
- Millsap looks like he has no lift. Favors looks less explosive than I remember. On the other hand, Portland’s bigs looked full of energy. JJ Hickson, Jared Jeffries, Meyers Leonard, Joel Freeland were all very active.
- Kanter looked good. Again. He’s had a heck of a pre-season and deserves regular season minutes. IMO, over Favors and/or Millsap.
- Mo Williams took it on to stop Damian Lillard from getting to the paint when he came back after the half and did a pretty decent job of it.
- I like Kevin Murphy. Really good stroke, has a handle on the ball. I’m kind of thinking he’ll be what we hoped CJ Miles would be, but actually get there.
- Our outside shooting is improved over last year, but tonight was a down night
- Gordon needs to not let calls get to him. He was playing timid after a few calls didn’t go his way and struggled.
- Again, I don’t know why our guys don’t start their defense on their man, especially those who can hit the 3-ball. Why are we running out to guard them AFTER they get the pass and are shooting over us? You have to respect guys who can shoot that.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.