Posted by: Mitch Edmonds on December 27th, 2011The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of the Utah Jazz.
Bullet points from tonight’s game.
1) Man I hate LA.
2) Kanter is going to be a defensive presence. I love how much he rebounds and takes up space already. He’s a more athletic Ostertag, much more athletic. Needs to get more aggressive on the offensive side of the ball.
3) Earl Watson and Jeremy Evans should be mutually inclusive. If one goes in the game, so should the other.
4) We don’t have an identity. Stockton and Malone had the pick and roll. Phil Jackson (hate him too) had the triangle offense. The current Jazz have…is “4 guys stand, 1 guy lets the defense collapse on him” an offensive strategy? Finishing the game shooting 32% means you did not run any kind of offense, no matter how bad you’re shooting.
5) When the ball is within one foot of the rim, our bigs need to go up strong. If you get 437 O-Reb’s on one sequence and get zero points, guess what? You’re going to lose.
6) How is it that EVERYTIME we play the Lakers we outscore them on points in the paint and still shoot less than half the free throws they do? It’s a rhetorical question…
7) Big Al was outscored by Jason Kapono, Josh McRoberts, and Devin Ebanks…ugh.
IT’S ALL GOOD! It was ugly, but this is a rebuilding process folks, no need to abandon ship. We expected this. We’re a young team, we will get better. Rome wasn’t built in a day, nor will this team be. The best thing we can do, is no matter the score, go to the games and cheer your heart out for your team no matter what. If you see someone booing us, get your Malone elbows out and Isiah Thomas them out!
65-1! GO JAZZ
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.