Posted by: Zach on April 17th, 2011The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of the Utah Jazz.
These things have been annoying me all year, and I know from various posts and responses that I am not alone. Jazz fans can be the loudest and best in the NBA, but what about the smartest? It’s time to step up as fans and know how to spell the names of our players! This is long overdue. Hopefully those who need this read it. Nobody’s perfect, but let’s just try to spell the names of our players and those associated with the Jazz correctly, ok? Some misconceptions are more common than others, but I’ll just list what I think needs clarification.
- Paul Millsap, not Paul Milsap- There are 2 Ls in millsap.
- Kyrylo Fesenko (Fes), not Fez or Fess, just Fes- A fez is a type of hat, not the worthless center that KOC apparently wants to resign.
- Gordon Hayward, not Heyward or Haywood- think of it like “hay” and “word.”
- Andrei Kirilenko, not Andrei Kirlenko or Kirlinko
- Devin Harris, not Devon Harris
- Deron Williams, not Derron Williams- He’s not on our team now but that still annoys me.
- DWill, not DWil- Doesn’t really matter but yeah
- In closing, Derrick (Favors) has two Rs and Francisco is spelled like that.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.